Rules of Origin Egypt
Check the rules of origin applying to your product at My export
Introduction to Rules of origin
Legal text of rules of origin applicable to Egypt.
This page provides an overview of the specific elements of the EU rules of origin with Egypt.
See also: EU Rules of Origin (overview)
Tolerance is fixed at 10% of the ex-work price of the product for all products, except for textile and clothing, for which specific tolerance will apply (cf. Annex 1)
See also: General rule of Tolerance or De Minimis
See also: General rule of Cumulation
Evidence of the direct transport will have to be brought to the customs authorities of the importing country
See also: General rule of Direct transport or Non-Manipulation
Duty drawback is prohibited. Nevertheless, for industrial products and processed agricultural products, subject to regular review from the EU, partial drawback is possible under the following conditions:
- a 5 % rate of customs charge shall be retained in respect of products falling within Chapters 25 to 49 and 64 to 97 of the Harmonised System, or such lower rate as is in force in Egypt;
- a 10 % rate of customs charge shall be retained in respect of products falling within Chapters 50 to 63 of the Harmonised System, or such lower rate as is in force in Egypt.
See also: General rule of Duty drawback
The EU rules of origin make a distinction between fish captured within the territorial seas of the partner country and fish captured beyond. In the first case, the product will be considered as originating without additional conditions. In the second, the product will be considered as originating only if it was captured by vessels:
- which are registered or recorded in a Member State of the Community or in Egypt;
- which sail under the flag of a Member State of the Community or of Egypt;
- which are owned to an extent of at least 50 % by nationals of a Member State of the Community or of Egypt, or by a company with its head office in one of these States, of which the manager or managers, Chairman of the Board of Directors or the Supervisory Board, and the majority of the members of such boards are nationals of a Member State of the Community or of Egypt and of which, in addition, in the case of partnerships or limited companies, at least half the capital belongs to those States or to public bodies or nationals of the said States;
- of which the master and officers are nationals of a Member State of the Community or of Egypt;
- of which at least 75 % of the crew are nationals of a Member State of the Community or of Egypt